Contilio is a cutting-edge, fast-growing and venture-backed construction tech company headquartered in London England. We use 3D AI derived from latest advances in robotics and autonomous driving to build the first intelligent control room for the $12Trn construction industry and enable real-time payments. Our 3D AI platform provides actionable intelligence from 3D data collected from construction sites, fully automating construction progress and installation quality processes while creating machine-readable and semantic digital twins that are connected to BIMs. Our predictive intelligence empowers stakeholders to eliminate problems & risks before turning into costly issues and wasting trillions in dollars. We are building the global category leader to shape the future of 3D semantic understanding in construction, manufacturing, etc.
We are looking to add a smart, driven and growth-minded Lead Software Engineer to our amazing team. As the lead software engineer, you will lead software development, deployment and cybersecurity activities to build the next version of Contilio’s cutting-edge AI platform. In addition, you will work closely with the rest of the tech team, as well as product and the commercial functions to define and implement customer requirements and delight our blue-chip customers.
We are ambitious, fast growing and are looking for driven team players who show initiative and take ownership as we are shaping the future of one of the world’s biggest industries and delivering impact for the global population through, building critical infrastructure such as hospitals cheaper, faster and with lower CO2 footprint.
Competitive salary, attractive stock options and opportunity to get promoted to tech lead as we are building out the team. We are looking for applicants who are strongly motivated by the latter two.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and implement software development and deployment, including:
- System architecture design and improvement
- Implement and test backend, analytics engine, database and integrations
- Cloud deployment and performance optimization
- Guide frontend developers to create frontend, visualisations and dashboard
- Lead and implement engineering best practices, including:
- Establishing, implementing and tracking the development and product KPIs
- Performing code reviews and learning sessions
- Contributing to and developing Contilio’s knowledge base
- Manage, nurture and hire junior developers, as we grow the team
- Coordinate closely the fronend functions and participate in and contribute to customer discussuins and documents, ensuring that our customers are delighted.
Experience and skills we’d love to see:
- 5+ years’ experience architecting, developing, testing and deploying high performing enterprise software applications
- Demonstrated track record leading teams and projects under tight deadlines
- Experience deploying on AWS/Azure using Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with cloud cybersecurity
- Track record using SQL and RDBMs (ideally Postgres), NoSQL experience is a plus
Personal traits we’d like to see:
- You are a self-starter and passionate about solving big problems and making an impact through using your technical expertise
- You stay on top of latest technologies, languages and tools and probably have taught yourself a few of them
- You put the customers first when:
- Setting ambitious goals and delivering them with highest quality
- Continuously contributing ideas and solutions
- Problem-solving ideas and issues together with other team members
- Challenging the team to delivering best results
- You have a direct communication style, good presentation skills and are a great team player who does not take herself/himself too seriously.
Any of the following is a plus:
- Start-up experience ideally in AI, Computer Vision or Enterprise software setting
- MSc in Computer Science, Math or other related fields (not required for experienced startup tech leads with related work experience)
- Experience with 2D/3D image processing, big data applications or Edge computing (IIOT)
- Familiarity with BIM or construction scheduling tools (Autodesk, Primavera etc.)
Anly candidates legally authorized to work in the UK.