Contilio is a game-changing and fast-growing AI-first startup based in London. We use advanced 3D AI technology to power the first intelligent control room for the $12 trillion construction industry, fully automating construction progress, installation quality and predictive risks. This is in addition to creating self-intelligent digital twins, empowering our customers to make smart decisions, eliminate problems before they happen, and to deliver their projects faster, cost-effectively, and sustainably, saving billions.
We are building a global category leader shaping the future of 3D semantic understanding for the largest global industry, while creating significant value for our customers and the global population by making critical infrastructure more affordable and environmentally friendly. To fulfil this vision, we set ambitious goals, work hard and believe that anything is possible.
To accelerate our massive growth underpinned by significant demand for technology adoption in the construction industry and to build the future of our cutting-edge 3D AI platform, we are looking to add a smart, ambitious and technically strong Mid-Level Software Engineer to our A+, diverse team. In this role, you will be working as an integral part of the tech team to work on cool problems and contribute to the development, integration and architecture enhancement of Contilio ‘s 3D AI platform. You will also be exposed to the latest AI and ML techniques and engage with Product and Business to understand and implement customer requirements.
Attractive equity, competitive base salary and the opportunity to take on more ownership as we grow our A-class team, cutting-edge technology and global footprint.
You need to have the right to work in the UK – We do not sponsor visas for this role.
What you will be doing:
- End-to-end development of the backend technology and corresponding cloud platform infrastructure. Key tasks will include:
- Development of scalable, object-oriented software using a clean coding style, which adds new features and improves the performance of the 3D AI pipeline.
- Cloud deployment and performance optimization
- Develop and maintain integrations with e.g. Autodesk, Asta, etc products
- Software profiling and documentation
- Software requirements and use-case analysis
- Implementing software engineering best practices, including:
- Performing code reviews and learning sessions
- Developing, implementing, and refining testing strategies
- Contributing to and developing our databases and any wikis we create
- Provide feedback and contribute to Contilio’s product roadmap/development strategy
- Mentor more junior team members and contribute to hiring software talent as you grow into your role
Technical skills we’d love to see:
- 3+ years’ experience designing and implementing maintainable, high-quality Enterprise/B2B codebase/software
- Min 3 years of experience coding in Python
- Experience in CI/CD and Gitlab
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP and familiarity with Docker and container orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Min Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or other related fields
Personal traits we’d love to see:
- You are an ambitious self-starter and want to apply your technical expertise to solve big and bold problems, while driving global impact
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to translate requirements into scalable software/products that wow customers
- You can work autonomously, and are a great team player who delivers high quality results within tight deadlines, using agile methods
- You have a direct communication style and are a fast learner.
Any of the following is a plus:
- Experience working with large 3D/ 2D datasets such as point clouds and the ambition to learn and get exposed to exiting 3D AI/ML
- Experience working in an AI tech startup or for large tech companies in similar roles
- Experience with Terraform and IaC and familiarity with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL or SQL Server)
- Proficiency in a second object-oriented language such as C++, Ruby or Go
- Ability to manage software projects using agile methodologies.