Contilio is a game-changing and fast-growing AI-first startup headquartered in London, UK. We use advanced 3D AI technology to power the first intelligent control room for the $12 trillion construction industry, fully automating construction progress, installation quality and predictive risks. This is in addition to creating self-intelligent digital twins, empowering our customers to make smart decisions, eliminate problems before they happen, and to deliver their projects faster, cost-effectively, and sustainably, saving billions.
We are building a global category leader shaping the future of 3D semantic understanding for the largest global industry, while creating significant value for our customers and the global population by making critical infrastructure more affordable and environmentally friendly. To fulfil this vision, we set ambitious goals, work hard and believe that anything is possible.
To accelerate our massive growth underpinned by significant demand for tech adoption in construction and to build the future of our cutting-edge 3D AI platform, we are looking to add a smart, ambitious and technically strong "3D Computer Vision Lead" to our team. In this role, you will combine state of the art and existing 3D Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques and work alongside the rest of the tech team (and our world-class advisors, including professor Schindler, EHT) to solve the coolest challenges in 3D segmentation, classification, SLAM, turning them into scalable solutions and functionalities for our blue-chip customers. You will also take the lead on managing our smart AI/Vision team and projects, ensuring that that get the right coaching, support and growth opportunities.
Very attractive equity, competitive base salary and the opportunity to take on more ownership as we grow our A-class team, cutting-edge technology and global footprint.
You need to be authorized to work in the UK – we do not sponsor visas for this role.
What you will be doing:
- Hands on advancement of the Contilio 3D AI pipeline through the latest advances in 3D data processing, 3D computer vision and machine techniques, including planning/implementation and testing in a timely manner
- Build data algorithms, structures and architectures that scale with large 3D/ 2D datasets
- Take the lead on actively identifying data, pipeline, and/or operational bottlenecks and implement bold and realistic ML/software solutions to continuously improve our cutting-edge 3D AI platform
- Hiring, coaching and managing the AI/Vision team members as you grow into your role on top of managing key processes & projects with agility and within designated timelines
- Attend key conferences and stay on top of the latest research & commercial developments to push the boundaries of what is developed to wow the customers
Technical skills we’d love to see:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Computer Vision, Machine Vision, Computational Geometry or other related areas
- This should include min 1.5 years of managing teams and end-to-end management of software/AI projects using agile frameworks
- High proficiency in Python and strong track record of generating scalable, high-quality codes
- Deep knowledge of 3D data, computer vision and related frameworks/ libraries and experience with 3D data and image processing
- PhD/ MSc in Computer Science, Robotics, or other related fields
Personal traits we’d love to see:
- You are an ambitious, hardworking self-starter and want to apply your technical expertise to solving big and bold problems, while driving global impact
- You are a strong problem solver and can think critically and on your feet
- You have a direct communication style, great presentation skills, and put our customers first when conducting research and/or developing products/codes
- You are a great team player who can manage teams and projects in an agile manner, ensuring high quality is delivered within designated timeframes
- You learn fast and thrive in the face of challenging problem, treating them as a platform for growth
Any of the following is a plus:
- Start-up experience ideally in AI, Computer Vision and/or Enterprise software setting
- Experience with ML/DL architectures for classification, regression, segmentation, etc.
- Proficiency in C/C++ or other programming languages and familiarity with agile software methodologies
Parallel computing or GPU programming skills (e.g. CUDA OpenCL)